Certified Birth Certificates
- Available at the health department for persons born in the State of Tennessee
- The fee is $15.00 per copy
- To purchase a birth certificate
- Must be person named on certificate
- Child of the registrant
- Parent of the registrant, if the parent is named on the certificate
- Spouse of the registrant
- Person with legal custody of the registrant or the legal guardian
- Legal representatives of the registrant, spouse, parents, children or legal guardian
Certified Death Certificates
- Available for any death occurring in the State of Tennessee.
- The fee is $15 per copy.
- To purchase a death certificate
- You must be an immediate family member, funeral home, or legal representative
- You will need a copy of your driver’s license if cause of death is required
- If you are not a family member, you will need documentation of your need for the certificate.